Intercultural Community University
A group of citizens from both Autonomous Regions managed the installation of an extension of UNAN Managua on the Coast, started with Education Sciences, for lack of funds did not continue.
A new attempt by UNAN, with the University Distance Education Program (PRUEDIS).
URACCAN Association, presented to the UNC the project to create URACCAN.
The project was approved on March 6.
June 3rd National Assembly grants legal persons, by decree 602, published in Gazette Number 104.
- Technical Council of URACCAN, develops organizational and operational regulations for the first two years of institutional operation and developed the first elections of authorities: Rectory and Vice-Chancellors of Recinto.
- October 30th is given the official opening of the University, by advertising its enrolments.
- In January academic activities are started in Campuses: Bilwi, Bluefields and Las Minas (Siuna) and Bonanza and Rosita extensions.
- URACCAN, provides the opportunity, to students who started studies in the 70s and 80s, to complete their studies with full scholarships, in this way graduates 105 students from both regions in Bachelors of Education Sciences.
- Establishment of the Waspam Extension.
- According to Law 218, it receives state funding through 6% of the General Budget of the Republic and joins the UNC as a full member.
- Registration and publication of Statutes, according to Certification 1220, pages 249 to 267 of Volume II, Fifth Book of the Register of Associations of the Department of Registration and Control of the Ministry of the Interior.
- Establishment of the New Guinea Extension of the Bluefields Campus.
Participatory elaboration of the first Institutional Strategic Plan (PEI 2001 – 2005)
- Decentralization of the New Guinean Extension and its transformation into an Enclosure.
- Declaration of the University, by the art of the Autonomous Regional Councils, as "Heritage of the Peoples of the Nicaraguan Caribbean".
First Process of Institutional Self-Assessment for improvement purposes, within the framework of the Country's Tertiary Education Modernization Project, funded by the IDB/MHCP.
Approval of the General Law on Education, and it recognizes the Regional Autonomous Educational Subsystem (SEAR), as part of the National Education System) and URACCAN its community character and regional public interest, reaffirming its financing through the General Budget of the Republic.
University Council (CUU), approves the second Institutional Strategic Plan (PEI 2008 – 2012).
Adoption of the reform of the Statutes.
University Council (CUU), approves, framed in what is established by Law 704, The Creator Law of the National System for Quality Assurance in Education and Regulatory of the National Council for Evaluation and Accreditation (CNEA): the development of Institutional Self-Assessment period 2008 – 2012; and the evaluation of the PEI 2008 – 2012.
Approval of the Final Report on Institutional Self-Assessment for Improvement Purposes 2008 – 2012 and the Strategic Plan (PEI 2015 – 2019).
Be a pa
rt From Ou