Photo courtesy URACCAN
Actions that promote just and equitable relationships
The "Student Arts Against Violence and Discrimination" competition, promoted by URACCAN through the Center for Multi-Ethnic Women's Studies and Information (CEIMM), was extended until May 30, 2020, so that students have a greater opportunity to participate with their creations in the different categories: poetry, storytelling, music and painting.
The call was made by CEIMM-URACCAN, in coordination with the Commissions for the Eradication of Manifestations of Discrimination, Gender-Based Violence and Related Intolerance, and the Presagio Group. This competition is held within the framework of the project "Decolonization and Depatriarcalization for Transformation from Education", with the financing of SAIH.
So, if you are a student of URACCAN in any of its enclosures and extensions, present your art, in which you reflect a life free from violence and discrimination, and how it can contribute to the deconstruction of patriarchy and racism through actions that promote just and equitable relationships.
• You must be a URACCAN student.
• You must have creativity to convey the message.
• The product presented must be related to the subject.
• You can present your art in your native language.
• You should write a reflection on how your art contributes to the eradication of discrimination and violence.
• You must send two files for your art in the category you apply: digital and physical, attaching reflection.
• You must attach your personal data and a copy of your student card.
Each contestant can participate with an art; if it is not accompanied by reflection, it will not be considered for the contest.
The arts will be receptioned at CEIMM URACCAN offices in the different territories.
Last day of reception: May 30, 2020, during office hours.
• The jury will reward 4 finalists, at the venue level, who will compete with each other to select art at the URACCAN level.
• The selected arts will be included in the publications of the different PROCESSES of CEIMM and URACCAN.
About the prizes:
At the enclosure level, first places by art: a university backpack with tools (USB, notebooks, pens and T-shirt).
At the URACCAN level, first places by art: a tablet.