Photo courtesy URACCAN
The University of the Autonomous Regions of the Nicaraguan Caribbean Coast (URACCAN) makes public the Terms of Reference (TRD) for the project "My Finca, My Company", providing the baseline for the realization of a study applied to the municipality of Waslala.
The proposal that you have in your hands, collects the key elements of the process to carry out a study that allows the collection of information on the status of the indicators of goals and results proposed in the project Mi Finca, Mi Empresa, which will allow to have a starting point of those indicators.
This proposal is submitted for application in the municipality of Waslala, located in the northern region of the country. It contains the methodological procedure to be applied, according to the reality that allows to obtain the expected results to make more effective the work that is done in favor of target groups of young men and women of impact communities.
The steps, methodological procedures and tools to be used for the collection of information are presented, with specific data on the communities and their main problems that afflict them, depending on the area of impact. This Baseline is in place in the impact communities of each of the beneficiaries. Each seeks the same objectives through the application of the same methodology and tools, the approach will be according to the reality of the territory and its target groups.
2. INSTITUTIONAL PRESENTATION
The URACCAN University was formalized with the approval of the National Council of Universities in 1992, and the granting of its legal status by the National Assembly in 1993, as a product of the interests and efforts of indigenous peoples and ethnic communities of the Caribbean Coast of Nicaragua towards the promotion of tertiary education in the Autonomous Regions. URACCAN defines themselves as the Intercultural Community University of Indigenous Peoples and Ethnic Communities.
URACCAN is an Academic Institution training professionals and technicians through the implementation of scientific instruction and a generating and comprehensive education, recognizes and promotes the political, economic, social and cultural rights of indigenous peoples, Afro descendants and ethnic communities of the Nicaraguan Caribbean Coast, which enriches their ethnic identity and respects the specific characteristics of their cultures, thus guaranteeing equality in diversity , the national unity and territorial integrity of the nation, elements necessary to promote development and consolidate the process of autonomy and its economic, political and social transformation. Its activities are based on the cross-cutting values of equity, interculturality and sustainability, in the case of concepts that are related to multi-ethnic contexts and access to training spaces.
The Vision and Mission of URACCAN (Strategic Plan 2015-2019): The vision of URACCAN University is "to be a leader in the model of Intercultural Community University recognized at the regional, national and international level for its quality and relevance, which accompanies management and advocacy processes for the construction of intercultural gender citizenships, which lead to the Good Living and Autonomy of Indigenous Peoples , Afro-descendants, half-breeds and other ethnic communities. As part of its mission, URACCAN has since its founding focused its efforts on the formation of men and women with knowledge, knowledge, capacities, values, principles, humanist attitudes, a sense of entrepreneurship and innovation, in balance and harmony with Mother Earth for the strengthening of the Autonomy of Peoples.
It should be mentioned that the University (URACCAN) was declared by the Autonomous Councils of RACCN and RACCS, as a cultural heritage of the indigenous peoples and ethnic communities of the Caribbean Coast, which officialized it as one of the most important institutions of the regional process. In addition, the General Law on Education succeeded in legalizing the status of community intercultural university, a classification that corresponds to the universities of the Caribbean Coast of Nicaragua (URACCAN).
The University of the Autonomous Regions of the Nicaraguan Caribbean Coast (URACCAN) is an institution of intercultural, community and public service higher education, governed by (i) the role of the community, the wise, the elderly and non-traditional authorities; (ii) the search for new paradigms in methodological and knowledge-generating approaches, (iii) indigenous spirituality (miskitu, branch, mayangna, ulwa), Afro-descendant (creole and garifuna) and mestiza; (iv) interculturality; (v) the central role of research and innovation; (vi) gender approach; (vii) the articulation between theory and practice; (viii) lifelong education for all; and (ix) the linkage and impact for development with identity. The intercultural perspective of gender and interculturality are also cross-cutting axes of institutional work. URACCAN University, makes presence through the extension in Waslala.
3. GENERAL OBJECTIVE:
- Characterize the current situation of young children of producers from the Communities of Waslala who are part of the coffee and cocoa training courses.
- SPECIFIC OBJECTIVES:
- Generate the project baseline, which constitutes the framework for evaluating the performance indicators of the target group.
- Design an instrument or tool for measuring and monitoring baseline indicator evolution for the project.
- MAIN ACTIONS:
To achieve project expectations, the advisory team will develop the Detailed Project Planning Matrix Review for familiarization with expected results.
URACCAN, appreciates that the Indicators are truly consistent with the current scope of the project, also considers it important that an independent and technically rigorous review process be carried out, in order to create an information collection methodology on the baseline that contributes not only to the measurement of project progress and achievement, but also to support technical driving , administrative and managerial of the project.
The comprehensive review of the planning matrix will result in the development of the first valuation exercise that will derive itself, in the construction of the baseline. The methodology for the initial assessment of indicators and the estimation exercise itself shall have the approval of the Executive Directorate of the project and the accompaniment of the technical team.
- URACCAN FEATURES
- Organization and logistics of the process for each phase, mobilize the educational community according to the demands of the exercise.
- It will make contributions to information collection tools, statistical sample proposals, and monitor fieldwork.
- Ensure the quality of the process at each stage and ensure that the tools meet the requirements to achieve the objectives.
- Track data processing, return of information and have the final report fill out established requirements and standards.
- It will comply with payments established according to agreed times.
- METHODOLOGY AND TECHNICALS OF DATA COLLECTION:
The advisory team shall propose in detail in the technical offer the methodology, data collection and processing techniques it deems most appropriate, justifying such choice. It is necessary to consider, in general, the approach to be adopted and the methodological tools that will be used to obtain the intended products and carry out the necessary activities.
- DEFINITION OF STATISTICAL SAMPLE REPRESENTATIVE BY SEX, SCHOOL GRADE
The representative statistical sample that meets the characteristics indicated in the following table shall be defined
- Statistical sample
Confidence level 95%
Error for trust level 0.05%.
- WORK PLAN
The consulting team in its offer will clearly detail the work plan that will follow during its work, describing at each stage of the technical assistance the methodology used, the tasks to be developed, the products it will present and its delivery times. It will also draw up a timetable detailing the duration of each phase.
- Recommended explicit calendar delivery for the collection of information, detailing the planned work and itineraries.
- Consensus work plan including: matrix containing methods, tools, indicators and sources that will attempt to answer key questions and criteria raised.
- Baseline development: Includes the methodology for the initial valuation of indicators and the estimation exercise itself.
- Data collection system for indicator measurement: The system includes research methodology, research tools, such as model surveys of participants, identification of control groups, among others that are convenient.
- Tools designed for the collection of information in hard and digital copy. The tools must have attached a simple instructions of their use.
- Database in the statistical program with which the data and instructions on how to calculate the measurement results were analyzed.
- Instrument validation: survey, focus group guides, considering project indicators.
- Photographs with authorizations of use (letters of consent).
- Draft Baseline report, including the submission of preliminary conclusions and recommendations.
- Final Baseline Report, also containing the final conclusions and recommendations. (hard and digital copy).
- Summary presentation of the financial year and the main conclusions/recommendations to be delivered with the final report.
- CONSULTANT TEAM PROFILE
The consultant/team must meet the following requirements
- Have the necessary experience for the correct execution of the technical services tendered, having to have elements that allow to check it. Experience over the past 5 years in providing Baselines and Evaluation of Development Cooperation programmes and projects should be demonstrated.
- Have a multidisciplinary technical team with at least one expert consultant in COMPUTER developments and primary education.
- Knowledge and experience in studies with community development projects
- Knowledge and experience in applying the gender approach
- Knowledge and experience in the application of quantitative and qualitative research techniques.
- With full knowledge of training programs and strategies developed in field initiatives.
- With availability and willingness for mobilization to the municipality of Waslala
Economic Technical Offer
Technical Offer: The following documents will be submitted:
- The methodology to be used in the research process (statistical samples), and the tools to be used considering proposed methodology.
- Work schedule, considering the start and end date of the consultancy according to the times defined in the methodology; clearly showing the deadlines for submitting responsibilities, scopes and products.
- Curriculum Vitae of the technical team that will support you in Consulting with their respective academic supports and experiences in research processes.
- Describe in a disaggregated manner the costs of the activities of the consulting service: validation and definition of instruments; application of surveys, interviews and focus group guides.
- Submit invoice according to law requirements and supporting documents depending on the nature of the consultant (natural or legal).
- Law tax (IR) withholdings will be made.
- CONSULTING DURATION:
The consultancy will have a maximum duration of one calendar month from the signing of the contract. Respect for this runtime is considered absolutely mandatory. This will be done in Waslala.
- FORM OF PAYMENT:
The payment method will be made according to the delivery of products.
- Signing the Contract
30% of the Total Cost of contract.
- Return process to product advancement.
30% of the Total Cost of contract.
- Delivery of the final report
40% of the total cost of the Contract
- Presentation of applications:
Applications must be emailed to:
Rosidani Molina Arguello
Coordinator Waslala extension.
University of the Autonomous Regions of the Nicaraguan Caribbean Coast.
Leonor Ruiz Calderón
Vice-Chancellor URACCAN Las Minas
Sergio Rodriguez Ruiz
Coordinator URACCAN Las Minas External Cooperation
Offers must contain:
- Letter of Interest
- Curriculum of the organization or people
- Technical offer and economic offer
- Date and time of closing of the call
- May 2020, midnight Nicaragua time.